Component in Detail
Within the scope of Component C, it is aimed to spread the application of the technology with the help of solar roadshows and some other activities in the region especially with companies and the regional administration.
The roadshow will also allow for match-making between the trained individuals and companies working in the energy sector seeking new employees.
Kick- off Workshop
- Presenting the project together with relevant stakeholders to create momentum and interest amongst the target group
- Reaching out for the target group of Component C which consists of different actors; namely municipalities, the local energy suppliers, local banks, relevant businesses from technology providers to service providers, associations, representatives of Syrian refugee groups and host communities
- An inclusive workshop to train 30 participants to be chosen among the trainees of solar trainings, as “solar pioneers”
- Trained “solar pioneers” will provide consulting services about the technology and cost-benefits of solar energy, for companies and households that are interested in purchasing a solar system
- Also advising private consumers as well as companies about the key governmental support programs and incentive schemes applicable for solar energy.
- A roadshow to spread information about the solar technology and availability on the market, potential benefits and incentives, and to promote the project and its results.
- With participation of companies in the solar energy sector, other stakeholders and solar pioneers, under the leadership of the Gaziantep Chamber of Commerce (GSO)
- In 10 refugee host communities / municipalities for interested users and investors.
- Focusing on the local industry / companies and administrations as the center target group
KOSGEB Business start-up seminar
- A Business start-up seminar for the solar pioneers and further interested persons in cooperation with KOSGEB
- A dedicated part for the specific area of Energy Service Companies.
Seminar on establishing ESCOs (Energy Service Companies)
- In cooperation with the Small and Medium Enterprises Development Organization of Turkey (KOSGEB) in Gaziantep
Furthermore, in cooperation with the Chamber of Industry in Gaziantep, realizing the placement into jobs, subsidized through the “Promotion of Economic Prospects (PEP) project.